Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Creepy Pair Of Underwear will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of taking ownership and problem solving, this Creepy Pair Of Underwear picture book by Aaron Reynolds is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with Creepy Pair Of Underwear Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Creepy Pair Of Underwear. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Creepy Pair of Underwear reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
CREEPY PAIR OF UNDERWEAR SUMMARY
Jasper the rabbit needed new underwear, so he and his mother took a trip to the underwear store. In addition to the three packs of Plain White his mother bought, Jasper picked out a pair of creepy underwear. He was so excited to wear them that he wore them to bed that night. However, once the lights were out Jasper realized the green, ghoulish glow coming from his creepy underwear. He tried to put them in the bottom of the hamper, but woke up wearing them!
Throughout the book, Jasper tried various ways to get rid of his creepy pair of underwear but they just kept coming back. Finally, Jasper buried them deep in the ground, but that’s when he realized how dark his room was without the underwear. He went back outside to dig them up and even bought more pairs of creepy underwear the next day to add to the green glow in his room.
CREEPY PAIR OF UNDERWEAR LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Creepy Pair of Underwear, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Creepy Pair of Underwear reading comprehension questions focus on:
- making predictions
- summarizing and retelling
- analyzing character
- plot (problem and solution)
- identifying genre
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
- taking ownership
- problem solving
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- compound words
- shades of meaning
- time order words
CREEPY PAIR OF UNDERWEAR ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Creepy Pair of Underwear?
- Lexile® Measure: AD470L
- Guided Reading Level: L
- DRA Level: 20
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 2.8
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Aaron Reynolds. It was illustrated by Peter Brown.
What genre is Creepy Pair of Underwear?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 48 pages long.