Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Bear Snores On will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of emotions and self-regulation, this Bear Snores On picture book by Karma Wilson is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with Bear Snores On Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Bear Snores On. You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Bear Snores On reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
BEAR SNORES ON SUMMARY
The story Bear Snores On is about a slumbering bear who just layed down for his long winter’s nap. While Bear is sleeping, a mouse comes across his house den and goes on in. He sets up a small fire and gets cozy. More and more animals start to join mouse in Bear’s den as the story goes on.
When all of the animals have arrived at the den, they start to pop more corn and season the stew. The pepper from the stew wakes Bear up and he is very upset! He realizes he missed out on all the fun. The animals make more food and tea and laugh and share stories together. In the morning, everyone falls asleep but Bear.
BEAR SNORES ON LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Bear Snores On, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Bear Snores On reading comprehension questions focus on:
- rhyme | rhythm | repetition
- analyzing setting
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- action verbs
BEAR SNORES ON ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Bear Snores On?
- Lexile® Measure: AD470L
- Guided Reading Level: L
- DRA Level: 16-18
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 2.2
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Karma Wilson. It was illustrated by Jane Chapman.
What genre is Bear Snores On?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 34 pages long.