Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Be You! will find this post helpful. It includes resource recommendations, free teaching ideas, and information about the book. You’ll have everything you need to deliver engaging interactive read aloud lessons based on this story.
With themes of individuality, this Be You! picture book by Peter H. Reynolds is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too! Learn more about this book below!
Engage Your Students with Be You! Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Be You! You can find it in the section below.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Be You! reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
BE YOU! SUMMARY
Peter H. Reynolds book, Be You!, is a celebration of individuality. Throughout the book, Reynolds gives advice to readers on how to celebrate their uniqueness. He encourages readers to be adventurous, try new things and be brave. Readers will feel encouraged to celebrate the things that make them different and to learn more about others. With themes of persistence, kindness, bravery and curiosity, this book is great way to spotlight individuality among students.
BE YOU! LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Be You!, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Be You! reading comprehension questions focus on:
- analyzing illustrations
- author’s purpose
- identifying theme, message, moral
- making connections
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- multiple meaning words
BE YOU! ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Be You!?
- Lexile® Measure: 500L
- Guided Reading Level: L
- DRA Level: 20-24
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): N/A
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Peter H. Reynolds. It was illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds.
What genre is Be You!?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 32 pages long.