Elementary teachers looking for lesson plans and activities for Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse will love this post. It includes information about the book, resource recommendations, and teaching ideas.
With themes of empathy and friendship, this Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse picture book by Marcy Campbell is a favorite in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classrooms. It will be a big hit in your classroom too!
Engage Your Students with Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse Lesson Plans & Activities in 3 Easy Steps:
- Read a summary of Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse.
- Check out the teaching ideas for reading comprehension strategies, grammar topics and social emotional learning skills that can be taught using this children’s book.
- Download the book companion to make lesson planning simple with Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse reading comprehension questions, writing prompts, teaching ideas & no-prep extension activities.
ADRIAN SIMCOX DOES NOT HAVE A HORSE SUMMARY
Adrian Simcox talks about his horse all the time. The horse has a golden mane and big brown eyes. But a little girl knows he is lying.
Told from the perspective of a peer, we see Chloe get more upset the more he talks about his horse. She complains to her mom, who brings her to Adrian’s house. His tiny house is half the size of hers! It even looks like it is trash day, but it is not. She then realizes that understanding is the key ingredient in friendship.
ADRIAN SIMCOX DOES NOT HAVE A HORSE LESSON PLAN IDEAS
Each of our 400+ Starts With a Story book companions come with a teacher’s guide to make lesson planning quick and easy, printable worksheets and digital resources that cover ALL of the standards-based reading comprehension skills.
When it comes to writing lesson plans and finding activities for Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse, we’ve already done all of the heavy lifting for you.
We found this book was especially good at teaching the topics listed below.
READING COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS
The text-based Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse reading comprehension questions focus on:
- make inferences
- making connections
- author’s purpose
LITERATURE-BASED SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING LESSONS
We found this story to be a great SEL picture book to promote:
GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY & WORD STUDY
- quotation marks
ADRIAN SIMCOX DOES NOT HAVE A HORSE ACTIVITIES
You’ll receive all of the following resources aligned to the story:
- comprehension questions
- 30 writing prompts with themed paper
- vocabulary activities
- word study print & go activities
- ideas for grammar lessons with focus sentence printables
- social emotional learning discussion topics
- graphic organizers to target specific comprehension skills and strategies
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS! WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK COMPANION?
BOOK INFO FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS
What are the reading levels for Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse?
- Lexile® Measure: AD600L
- Guided Reading Level: O
- DRA Level: 30
- Accelerated Reader Level (ARC): 3.3
Who is the author? Who is the illustrator?
The book was written by Marcy Campbell. It was illustrated by Corinna Luyken.
What genre is Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse?
How many pages are in the book?
The story is 40 pages long.